Renters Insurance Options for International Students

Many offer hassle-free renters insurance that will protect your clothing, furniture and even yourself from unforeseen damage and injury. The SURE team will help you set up the free quote and the correct coverage you need!

What exactly is Renters Insurance?

Renters Insurance

Renters insurance will cover your personal belongings if something untoward happens in your rented home.

If you live in an off-campus rental property (condo, house, apartment), the homeowner’s insurance taken out by the homeowner will not cover your personal belongings, as it only covers the actual structure of the building.

So, in the event of a fire, burglary, broken pipe, or other damage done to your home, it is your responsibility to replace your belongings out of your own pocket as the homeowner’s insurance policy taken out by your homeowner will not cover it.

This includes laptops, televisions, gadgets, electronics, clothing, textbooks, jewelry, furniture – whatever you have.

Regardless of age or nationality, everyone can use renter’s insurance. Ensuring your property can protect you in the event of theft or a natural disaster. In addition, many landlords require a cosigner for rent.

This may be difficult for international students to achieve. Through our partners, we can help provide renters insurance options to help you find the coverage you’re looking for.

Leave a Comment